PORC Forums

PORC Forums (http://www.porc.org/forum/index.php)
-   PORC Chatter (http://www.porc.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Trail Maintenance priority list (http://www.porc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6516)

superdave 06-12-2017 10:16 AM

Trail Maintenance priority list

After riding the trails last week, there are very few trails that don't need attention. Most of the work is going to be trimming back face slappers.
Here is a list of the worst offenders:
Blue loop
Treehugger
Greenbrier
Chute
Gorge
Bone
Cambodia

Games Loop
Crossword
Piggyback
Labyrinth
Centipede
Donkey Kong
Paperboy

There are a few trails that are going to need erosion management. Erosion management should be done under the supervision of an experienced trail worker. Trails needing this attention are (in no particular order):
Treehugger - the 1st downhill to the creek crossing
Greenbrier - waterbars needed top to bottom, but especially at the top
Chute - waterbars on the top half of the trail with possible reroutes necessary
Gorge - the 1st downhill
Cambodia - waterbars need to be rebuilt in section between 1st and 2nd clearing.

If you plan to go out to work on any of these areas, please post here and on Facebook so that anyone else that wishes to help can do so.

Kcid 06-13-2017 07:09 PM

Anybody wanting to go out Saturday or Sunday morning?

Pilotman28 06-28-2017 04:57 PM

Call Dee working on tree hugger today.

Kcid 07-10-2017 07:18 AM

Myself and Bruce put in 3 hours on the Orange loop Sunday. Started at the beginning and worked our way from there to Piggy Back. Cleared some stuff on Horseshuz.

carl 07-10-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kcid (Post 35551)
Myself and Bruce put in 3 hours on the Orange loop Sunday. Started at the beginning and worked our way from there to Piggy Back. Cleared some stuff on Horseshuz.

i noticed! thanks.

Kcid 07-14-2017 11:26 AM

Bruce was not able to post what he did yesterday, so im posting for him.
(Went the back way on Games Loop. Went past where the trail hairpins by the road in the neighborhood and on up where it turns headed back into the woods toward Paperboy? More to do than I thought. Not as far as I wanted to go but had to work. 2 hours worth.)

Did a short ride myself yesterday afternoon. Did some cleaning as i went. Labyrinth, Centipede, Donkey Kong and some Paperboy.

Grumpy 07-16-2017 07:34 PM

Thanks for the help. Hope you guys can make it to the next meeting on July 24th.

Kcid 07-17-2017 07:43 AM

Bruce and I went out again and did 3 hours of work. Mainly hit Paperboy walking it in reverse. Did some clearing on Donkey Kong on our way out.
I hope to make it to the meeting. Bruce is working 2nd shift so dont think he will make it.

Hunter Gowens 07-26-2017 08:14 PM

Hey who is up for a repair job on the hole on the pipeline ditch. I think that is an immediate need and was thinking about heading out there Saturday too see what I can do

Kcid 07-27-2017 10:02 AM

What time. I dont have any tools. I will gladly come out and help.

Wtrwings 07-27-2017 01:49 PM

Cannot make it Saturday. Could do Sunday if that's an option.

Hunter Gowens 07-29-2017 07:02 AM

I'm going to head out there about 830 sorry for the late reply

Kcid 07-29-2017 09:10 AM

Ok. Getting ready now. Need my coffee

Kcid 08-01-2017 08:22 AM

Treehugger is in need of attention. Because of the rain and continued use by riders when it was wet, pot holes have developed. I will try and ride it today and get pictures. I don't have the tools to fix it myself.

PorkSoda 08-02-2017 06:57 AM

Yeah, I saw the potholes on treehugger yesterday evening. A couple are pretty nasty. Be careful riding that section. Also, there are a couple halves of cinderblock sticking up out of the ground near the potholes.
If a pothole sends you over the bars, the cinderblock could make your landing a bit unpleasant.