Crisis mode

sunday is still as planned
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 PM   #47
SteveR
Road trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endo View Post
thanks again Steve. what kind of beer do you drink?

with the bulk of the work done we will be able to do some really good polishing - should be a very good final product after this weekend.
Sorry, I don't drink anymore. 6 years and counting. But a great reward would be finish up on Saturday and do a group ride on Sunday.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #48
Endo
Crisis mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I was waiting on it to dry out a little, the post are a little heavy, the signs can't be bolted on until the post are in the ground, and the tool to drive the post in the ground is a little on the heavy side. Once it dries a little I was just going to drive out on the Powerlines to put them in. Trust me, I am ready to get them up, they look good.
We don't need much - all I was wanting to do was put some arrows where we will open the PiggyBack bypass once Labyrinth is complete. Two post & 2 arrows should do it.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #49
Grumpy
Just a member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR View Post
A great reward would be finish up on Saturday and do a group ride on Sunday.
I think every Porc'er owes Steve that. We (Pops, Superdave, and I) rode the finished product tonight. It is GREAT! You have done one HELLOFA job cutting in Scott's vision. A little last minute polishing, a few markings and a whole lot of riding. Everybody needs to come out this weekend.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:45 AM   #50
superdave
Flying pig

Yeah, the added mileage is great...and a great workout right now. Between the climbing, roughness, and the softness, Pops and I must have averaged 6 mph. I good rake this weekend to get the spongy leaf litter off the trail and few dozen pair of wheels rolling over the trail should pack it down in a hurry. DON'T BE A PANSY AND SKIP THE TRAIL! DO YOUR PART IN TRAIL MAINTENANCE AND PACK THIS THING DOWN. ALL THE HARD WORK HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE, MOSTLY BY STEVE. Pops ended up with just under 12 miles for an out and back. Once the tread wears in, this trail is gonna rock.

Last edited by superdave; 02-18-2010 at 09:47 AM.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 AM   #51
Endo
Crisis mode

Dave - did you guys get an exact distance on the addition?

As far as riding it - that's a must. We are going to make a bypass for PiggyBack this weekend for those who feel the milage w/the addition is too much - but the new section will stay blocked in for a while to get the needed traffic so please ride it. Once we get the sections (without slope) raked and any awkward corners smoothed, it should be a hoot.

The out and back idea is a great one...heck - doing 3 laps would be even better!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:46 AM   #52
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endo View Post
Dave - did you guys get an exact distance on the addition?
No, I got there late, after Sean and Pops had already started. So I rode backwards and we met right in the middle of the extension. I honestly just forgot to clock it on the back lap. If it the games loop was 4 miles before, it should be pretty close to 6 now. So the extension is pretty darn close to 2 miles.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 AM   #53
NoName2
Piglet

I had it at 4.8 miles before the additional 2 miles. I plan to ride soon and will post the exact mileage.

A bypass for PiggyBack, do we need this? I'd hate for half of the riders to skip it and that section of the trail start growing in.
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #54
pops
Wildest Boar

From the truck, I got just under 12 miles. I really enjoyed the new section. I'm not too sure on the 6 MPH average though; more like 4. lol I had to pedal in low gear a few times. I forgot my GPS/HRM last nite, but next time I'll get a plot of the trail. Dave and I both were running 2 sets of lights. We had the place lit up good. I had a small owl and a Common Nighthawk fly down the trail with me. Really fun.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #55
Endo
Crisis mode

Sounds like about 2 miles then - the GPS was pretty close (Pops - I've got to get that back to you - you gonna be out Sat?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName2 View Post
A bypass for PiggyBack, do we need this? I'd hate for half of the riders to skip it and that section of the trail start growing in.
The bypass was the original trail that was there before we opened piggyback - we just closed it off the day of that TM last year - it's only about 20 feet long, if that.

Alot of us don't need it - but I was thinking that the 2 mile addition w/no options to cut-it short may be too much for some. I'd rather see em skip piggyback, which is worked in, than skip the new stuff. i worry too w/out some sort of option to shorten the loop, riders will start removing the barricades which force Labyrinth. However, if we do open up the bypass proper signage is a must so ppl know that piggyback is part of the 'full' loop.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #56
pops
Wildest Boar

Will work on Sat.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #57
NoName2
Piglet

Got a ride in today and from parking lot 2 parking lot is was right at 6 miles. The new section of Labyrinth that Steve just hacked out was 1.25 miles bringing the entire Labyrinth trail closer to 2.4 miles. If I recall the Games Loop was around 3.6 before this so y'all have almost doubled Games.

Saw Steve riding today and he said his next project is to add some 1100 feet of elevation to the main loop. He should have it done in about 3 weeks. Soon riders from Oak Mountain are gonna be saying "we need to do a road trip to Pcola" instead of the other way around.

A big thanks to our architect Grubby (Scott) and our builder Sr. Richard (Steve). Total of the main loop plus Bayou plus the Games loop brings us to 17 miles. NICE!
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #58
SteveR
Road trip?

Rode the new reclaim today and what a quad workout!! Rode in both directions and the flow is smooth and the elevation change is a nice addition to the games side. Paul, with what you through in for the little mud crossing, it wasn't that bad. Maybe we can just beef up what you did and call it good. We'll let the trail designer make the final call. With just the few riders who have done it, the singletrack is already starting to show. The riding makes the golden spike worth it!!
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #59
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
I had it at 4.8 miles before the additional 2 miles.
The 4.8 had to include the part of the extension that we finished a few weeks ago. I don't think that what Steve just finished would add up to 2 miles. Before the extension, the games loop was pretty close to 4 miles and the whole finished extension adds 2 miles to it.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #60
SteveR
Road trip?

Quote:
Got a ride in today and from parking lot 2 parking lot is was right at 6 miles. The new section of Labyrinth that Steve just hacked out was 1.25 miles bringing the entire Labyrinth trail closer to 2.4 miles. If I recall the Games Loop was around 3.6 before this so y'all have almost doubled Games.

Saw Steve riding today and he said his next project is to add some 1100 feet of elevation to the main loop. He should have it done in about 3 weeks. Soon riders from Oak Mountain are gonna be saying "we need to do a road trip to Pcola" instead of the other way around.

A big thanks to our architect Grubby (Scott) and our builder Sr. Richard (Steve). Total of the main loop plus Bayou plus the Games loop brings us to 17 miles. NICE!
Yeah, I thought of adding 650 feet up and back down on Cakewalk!! Oh boy Paul, you're a slave driver!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: