PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 05-19-2008, 12:36 PM   #61
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Send a message via AIM to Pilotman28 Send a message via MSN to Pilotman28 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotman28

Did anyone work on Pate besides the one guy and his wife, which i didn't catch his name, on Sunday? Seemed rather odd it was a TM weekend and I was getting hit with brush.
Pilotman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:09 PM   #62
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotman28 View Post
Did anyone work on Pate besides the one guy and his wife, which i didn't catch his name, on Sunday? Seemed rather odd it was a TM weekend and I was getting hit with brush.
Maybe you should have put your 1 hr in on Pate instead of Coke Can. By my account, there was much more growth there. Also, I think with what manpower we had, we made a lot of progess on the worst of it. You are unbelievable Micah!!
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #63
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

Props to everyones efforts this weekend... I tell you what its alot more fun doing that kinda work on the trails than In my own yard.. Thanks Dave and Galen for a fun Saturday afternoon working the the New Cambodia Expressway.. I just want to tell everyone its great to be a part of something that everyone takes so much pride in..
egordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #64
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Send a message via AIM to Pilotman28 Send a message via MSN to Pilotman28 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotman28

I did notice the clearing of the brush on Cambodia. It is a much nicer trail now and I can see more around the turns.

Dave, I noticed you said something about taking a shovel to some of the loose sand prior to but I didn't see any difference. If I take a shovel out to CokeCan to work on that area would it be ok if I shoveled some of the loose sand out of the way or did you want to keep it there?
Old 05-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #65
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

Funny I didnt get hit by any brush this weekend.... oh yeah I wasnt riding...DOH!
egordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #66
NoName2
Piglet

i'm back in town. how did sunday turn out? did you have a decent amount of people come out and contribute?

i'm gonna ride tomorrow after work and will be down for some tm during the week. if anyone is gonna be out there and has a trail they need help with post back or i will just hit pate. looking forward to riding again after these days off. the ohio/ west virginia border where i went looked perfect for riding but because of the circumstances couldn't get any in.
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #67
superdave
Flying pig

We had 8 folks show up for Sunday at 2:00, but there were a few people that were out there before. I went out again last night to try to finish up Cambodia and I got all but about 75-100 yrds right in the middle in the twisty section. The last little bit shouldn't take but maybe 1 hr or 2 if I'm by myself(that brush is really thick)
Saturday, we had:
Carl
David
Carlos
Eric
Galen
Nate
James
Jeff
Me

Sunday, we had:
Scott & his 2 kids
Dan & friend (sorry, don't remember your name)
Nate
Melanie
Me
I know James and Micah put some work in earlier in the day.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:50 AM   #68
natepac
Alpha Boar

you should have called and i would have helped ya finish it up.
natepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 AM   #69
NoName2
Piglet

Thanks to all on the list who were able to help out on Saturday and/ or Sunday. It looks like you had some good participation but a number of our regulars did not make it. For those who did not show or make up for it before hand post or pm me so we can get out there and do our part. Don't be that guy that never works on the trails but finds time to ride all the time. We're gonna give everybody a week then start posting names of the slackers.
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #70
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName2 View Post
Thanks to all on the list who were able to help out on Saturday and/ or Sunday. It looks like you had some good participation but a number of our regulars did not make it. For those who did not show or make up for it before hand post or pm me so we can get out there and do our part. Don't be that guy that never works on the trails but finds time to ride all the time. We're gonna give everybody a week then start posting names of the slackers.
Just to recap, Concrete Drop-Crist Falls-Bayou Trail area needs ALOT of work
Pate trail could use a thorough trim apparently
Still need to finish Horseshuz and the section in the middle of Cambodia

I'll edit this if I see anything else that needs work, after I have a chance to ride it this evening.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:50 AM   #71
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Pate road was being covered by a guy who drives a Corolla and his wife I think. Don't know how much they finished but it was being worked on.

Do we want to rake the trails or did we say raking can increase erosion?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #72
brettk
bastard

i was out on saturday, pops can confirm. doesn't mean i'm not a slacker though.
brettk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:49 PM   #73
carl
I love bacon

david and i didn't get all the way through the thick stuff on cambodia bacause david was doing some topiary. i was goofing on him until i realized it was a reproduction of the famous marla streb/yeti poster from back in the day. y'all keep your eyes open for it.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #74
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Mmmm side boob.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:21 PM   #75
Idoeyes
Oldengrey

Default For those like me......

"Topiary is the art of creating sculptures using clipped trees, shrubs and sub-shrubs. The word derives from the Latin word for an ornamental landscape gardener, topiarius, creator of topia or "places", a Greek word that Romans applied also to fictive indoor landscapes executed in fresco. No doubt the use of a Greek word betokens the art's origins in the Hellenistic world that was influenced by Persia, for neither Classical Greece nor Republican Rome developed any sophisticated tradition of artful pleasure grounds. "

Idoeyes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: