PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 12-30-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
donalson
Wild Boar

Default my own personal time trial...

I went out today purely to push myself harder then I have up to this point and get a good baseline time so I can compare my times once i get sprung up front ... also gives me good baseline for feb's TT

i'm very proud to say that I pulled a 1:01.05 on my stop watch which included me stopping to check my HR (crappy HRM won't do it while I'm moving) and to toss the chain back on the ring after I dropped it on the BB...

my computers trip time posted me at a 00:59:47 which includes the ride time to and from the car...

keep in mind this is on a near 30# rigid bike with a 300# rider ;-)

i'm very pleased... hopefuly i'll sit right in the middle near 55m for the TT
donalson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

Donal, that is a very good time mate! Well done!
Loggahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:42 PM   #3
donalson
Wild Boar

it'll be an even better time when you see me when I get your fork ;-)... my climbing should get a lot better as i loose weight haha... but my momentum on DH's will be less... haha
Old 12-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalson View Post
it'll be an even better time when you see me when I get your fork ;-)..
For some reason that just doesnt sound right..
egordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 10:27 PM   #5
donalson
Wild Boar

that may be so... but my parts haven't been violated like yours
Old 12-31-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
PorkSoda
Full Boar

What was the total length of the ride?
I've been trying to keep track of my ride times as well. But without a computer, I just have to go by total elapsed time, including breaks.
PorkSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM   #7
donalson
Wild Boar

um not sure... last time i did it it came out to about 9.5m... but i reset my computer and didn't rember the measurment so the callibration was all off said it was like 7.5 miles... and i know i didn't miss any sections i reset the calibration so should do better now
Old 12-31-2008, 02:31 PM   #8
ScottR
Wildest Boar

You didnt bypass gorge did you? The main loop should be reading 8.9 miles. Try timing yourself doing the loop backwards. Its like riding a new trail.
ScottR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

8.9 miles is what I get as well without the new Cambodia addition... err... reclamation i mean.
Loggahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
donalson
Wild Boar

nope went all the way down to the quick turn sand pit off the power lines... like i said i'd set the computer wrong when I accidentally hit the reset key haha

i'll turn it around one of these days...
Old 01-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #11
gtkillerv
Boar

Quote:
Originally Posted by donalson View Post
I went out today purely to push myself harder then I have up to this point and get a good baseline time so I can compare my times once i get sprung up front ... also gives me good baseline for feb's TT

i'm very proud to say that I pulled a 1:01.05 on my stop watch which included me stopping to check my HR (crappy HRM won't do it while I'm moving) and to toss the chain back on the ring after I dropped it on the BB...

my computers trip time posted me at a 00:59:47 which includes the ride time to and from the car...

keep in mind this is on a near 30# rigid bike with a 300# rider ;-)

i'm very pleased... hopefuly i'll sit right in the middle near 55m for the TT
You know this mean that you are now labelled as a Sport class rider. I think it was anything between 50 minutes to an hour was considered Sport, and that's not a bad thing. You have some pretty good company in the Sport Catagory at UWF.
So. When you get that spring on the front you should pick up some time, and you may just find yourself at that 55 minute mark that you are looking for.
Oh yea, one other thing. You will get faster riding with faster riders. So leaving us in the parking lot to ride by yourself isn't always a good thing. I know, I know, right now your thinking that you can't keep up, but that is not the case if you just let us know that you would like to ride with us. Sure you may not be as fast on certain sections, but for the most part we are not riding all out the entire time. You may have to push yourself a little, but that is what will make you faster.
Contrary to popular belief, some of the fast guys don't mind riding at a slower pace. It's nice to see the area you are riding through and not just the trail ahead of you. Sure, there are some guys out there that don't like to ride slow. They have a bad case of frontitice, but not all of them.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
donalson
Wild Boar

thanks Keith...
fat guy riding a rigid = sport class rider sounds good to me haha... i was faster then I expected... which isn't a bad thing... there are still a few parts that give me fits soemtimes... figuring out the lines will help (and riding with a group is part of that)

but ya while i was in view of the faster riders or in with the pack i was def riding faster... and I 100% plan on getting out there with you guys again... but that day was a good one for me... i went and explored the bayou and a few other areas... got to know the trails a bit better... was a good soul searching day

think the next time out will prob be a loner ride to get used to the suspension fork a bit... after that it all depends on how schedules work out ... but ya I need to ride with some faster folk and see their lines.... spending some time on the road should be good for me also
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #13
donalson
Wild Boar

58min gate to gate...

was a perfect day to ride... the moisture packed the sand down nicely... although it did make the rooty sections a tad slippery... while pushing myself a tad to hard i made some mistakes and ended up not clearing some things or rolling into the bushes... the new dirt mounds going into the sandy section of cambodia got me by surprise.

but i'm well into sport class rider now ... i think the biggest help for me will be spending time out on the road... and dropping weight haha...
Old 01-29-2009, 06:48 PM   #14
streetcornerguru1
Wild Piglet

Good job dude! This may seem obvious but if you are having a tough time in certain section then maybe try riding it, turning around and riding it again. It really helps when you're trying to figure out where you want to break and when you want to shift. Extra obstacle practice never hurts!
streetcornerguru1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: