PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 09:07 PM   #1
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

Default OOOOOOOOOOOOak MTN!!!!!

Well what a blast guys!!! We had yet another great trip to OM... Mike and I survived it on Single Speeds for the first time.. Galen Killed it on his First trip! Paul was again Ron Howard of PORC with some great vid and pics.. Pops kept us all in line.. LOL Yeah right!.. Carlos now knows Tri's are for wusses after he concoured the OM giant 2 days row.. Mark showed off riding with NO hands taking video.. Marty and Joe must have been going fast barley saw them... and now I know why whe call Nate NUTSAC! He has the biggest of them all riding down BLOOD ROCK, endoing half way down smacking his head against a boulder, got up shook it off in 2 seconds , got back on his bike and rode the rest of the way down!!! See Nate's Pic below... Great Trip guys Thanks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	y.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	319
egordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

VERY AWESOME TRIP !!!
Loggahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
NoName2
Piglet

Good trip gentleman! 40 miles of perfect trails...

More pics and vid to follow soon.

Last edited by NoName2; 03-12-2012 at 10:50 PM.
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:46 PM   #4
scratchndent
Wildest Boar
Authorized Solicitor

Send a message via Yahoo to scratchndent

Hell yeah! Great both Oak Mtn and Swayback was good as usual. Thanks everyone for a great trip. Marty
scratchndent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
pops
Wildest Boar

The temp was about 50 degrees, with cloudy skies. I enjoy the rides when we're not sweating our butts off. I was a little cool at times; thus was able to ride hard and not get too hot. 2 laps at OM that was fun, 10 Porc'ers showed. This would have looked good except about 50-60 of the BUMP club showed also. The parking lot was about full. Great time was had by all. Keeping myself in line is full time job. I'm not able to protect you folk from yourselves. Try as I might.
pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:24 PM   #6
losdog
Thor Baldor

I had a blast. I'm glad I made it and did both days. I'm hurting now, ribs, but I will live. It was a great weekend and it was nice shooting the sh*t with you guys all weekend (a very looonnngggg weekend).
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 AM   #7
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

Yes! A very find weekend. I loved every moment of it. I wanted to type more last night but was absolutely wore slap out.

First lap at OM we did clockwise, the second we did counter. I really liked it better counterclockwise. I liked getting that climb done at the beginning and then flying down that 2.5mi road.

I really liked what I got to experience of Swayback as well. It's not OM, but its an hour closer and plenty of fun. My rear der and hanger exploded down a sweet downhill around mile 6. Mark rigged me up single so I could bike out. We continued a little further but since I didn't have a tensioner, my chain kept coming off. Due to that we decided to bail at the next spot.

Oh man, and how weird was that indian hotel desk worker!? Im still wondering what the heck htat was he was watching on the computer...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
meco
Trail HOG

To all my single speed homies, we survived and it wasn't as bad as I thought. More Oak Mountain.....PLEASE.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:43 AM   #9
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by meco View Post
To all my single speed homies, we survived and it wasn't as bad as I thought. More Oak Mountain.....PLEASE.
My question to all the singlespeeders...

- Ok, so you conquered OM in SS, yes, you conquered it. Now, will you do it again in SS or will you return with a geared bike?

You guys rocked OM with your SS's and Im wondering if you enjoyed it enough to do it again SS or is it now a "been there, done that" deal.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:50 AM   #10
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

I was at TS 8 am Sat morning to put gears on my bike and about cried having to do it and couldnt go through with it.. Now that I have proven to myself I can ride SS at one of my favorite places to ride, I dont think Ill ever add gears..
Old 01-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

I was at TS 8 am Sat morning to put gears on my bike and about cried having to do it and couldnt go through with it.. Now that I have proven to myself I can ride SS at one of my favorite places to ride, I dont think Ill ever add gears..
Old 01-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
carl
I love bacon

oak mountain is fun because just about any kind of bike you bring will work out well provided you have a certain amount of fitness. i've ridden it 26" hardtail, 26" squishy, 29er w/ gears and 29er w/o gears. i've never had a bad time.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
Loggahead
Pigs On The Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by egordon71 View Post

Very well spoken... I am now at crossroads with my setup: just bought 09 x9 shifters from Mark and just 'sploded my rear der. Options:

1. Buy an x9 rear der and continue as usual
2. Go SS, pull two chainrings off of my new XT crank and replace the rear cassette with an SS kit.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
egordon
Singletrack the Planet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggahead View Post
Very well spoken... I am now at crossroads with my setup: just bought 09 x9 shifters from Mark and just 'sploded my rear der. Options:

1. Buy an x9 rear der and continue as usual
2. Go SS, pull two chainrings off of my new XT crank and replace the rear cassette with an SS kit.

Bright side its pretty inexpensive to convert, try it and if you dont like it you can always go back.. I never thought I would do it, its just hard to describe the differance, you just got to try it..
Old 01-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #15
scratchndent
Wildest Boar
Authorized Solicitor

Send a message via Yahoo to scratchndent

Na na na na na na - du du du du du - ba ba ba ba ba baaa.............
Be the bike, Chevy Chase, Caddyshack
scratchndent is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: