PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
losdog
Thor Baldor

Default Mulberry Gap-June

I need a vacation. I am going to Mulberry Gap. Looking at June 4, 5, 6. anybody want to tag along? I know BUMP is the following week so if someone who is doing BUMP wants to go, I can move it to later in the month. let me know.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM   #2
Grumpy
Just a member

June 5th and 6th is BUMP and Xterra is 12th and 13th, are you doing Xterra this year?
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
losdog
Thor Baldor

yeah, I have my dates mixed up. I meant to say that if anyone doing BUMP that weekend wanted to go I can move the dates. I was doing XTERRA but plans changed. guests coming into town that weekend and I can't change it. So I will be doing XTERRA First Coast in Jacksonville in July.

My road trip might have a change of plans. People are suggesting I go to Racoon Mt. instead. I'm actually thinking of doing a big loop as follows:
Chicopee ? in Gainesville, Ga then Blankets Creek then Racoon MT, then Oak MT then Swayback on the way back to Pensacola. Doable??????

Any takers. sounds like a good road trip.

Last edited by losdog; 05-25-2010 at 07:30 AM.
losdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
PorkSoda
Full Boar

Sounds awesome, but I can't swing it right now... too much going on.

On an unrelated note, give me a call if you want to hit the U Sunday morning.

Last edited by PorkSoda; 05-25-2010 at 08:23 AM.
PorkSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by losdog View Post
yeah, I have my dates mixed up. I meant to say that if anyone doing BUMP that weekend wanted to go I can move the dates. I was doing XTERRA but plans changed. guests coming into town that weekend and I can't change it. So I will be doing XTERRA First Coast in Jacksonville in July.

My road trip might have a change of plans. People are suggesting I go to Racoon Mt. instead. I'm actually thinking of doing a big loop as follows:
Chicopee ? in Gainesville, Ga then Blankets Creek then Racoon MT, then Oak MT then Swayback on the way back to Pensacola. Doable??????

Any takers. sounds like a good road trip.
Yeah Los, we did Raccoon Mtn and Mulberry Gap a month ago. Two totally different types of riding; so it's all about what you want to ride. MG is much more elevation change: long, steep climbs and super fast, long decents. The setting is more "mountain forest" feeling than 'Coon Mtn. If I had to rate it on the difficulty-o-meter, I would say it's an 8 out of 10. It would be higher if the trails weren't so smooth.

'Coon Mtn is very comparable to Oak Mountain in terms of elevation change and mileage, but I thinks it's more fun than OM. More single track than OM and far less wear on the trails, just make sure you do the loop clockwise. I would give it a 6 of 10 on the difficulty-o-meter

BTW, I wish I could go. You're trip sounds like a blast. I think I'm going to try to do a 3 day weekend later in June to do 'Coon Mtn, whitewater rafting, and either Tanasi or OM on the way back.

Last edited by superdave; 05-25-2010 at 10:05 AM.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: