PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
Grumpy
Just a member

Default Spare Tire / Fat Tire TM 6-16 and 6-17

I know that sunday is fathers day and I am no asking anyone to skip their family to do TM. With that being said, I ask everyone to please make a little time to do some TM. From what I saw of the trails, it would be nice to polish them up for the upcoming weekend of events. We will be hosting a Trail Run Saturday morning, a Short Track MTB race Saturday afternoon and a Cross Country MTB race on Sunday morning. We are hopefully getting coverage from UWF's Voyager news paper, Florida Cycling Magazine, and may try to get Channel 3 or PNJ out as well. Enjoy time with your family on the upcoming holiday, but please, please try to make time to help make sure our trails are in great shape for all our guest.
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
jenodo
Domestic Piglet

I'll need a run down on what needs to occur on our trails for TM. I'll go out during the week and clean up what I can but will be out of town this weekend for an event. Oh, and I'll need to borrow whatever tools I'll need to use to perform said TM, please and Thank you!
jenodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
Wayne Boulanger
Domestic Piglet

As we talked about I will be out early Sat while its cooler. Let's show everyone what we have.
Wayne Boulanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #4
Dan S
Wilder Boar

Default saturday

I plan to be out there sometime on Saturday with a shovel. Not sure if early morning or afternoon yet tho.

I feel the most attention needs to be given firstly to filling holes, then removing built up sand, then digging out and remounding water bars. This effort will be best pre-Fat Tire based on time restraints.

After the race we can spend a w/e as a group doing more extensive errosion control. If you look at the few area's that we did this past year, they held up well to the recent down pours. And areas that have been neglected (run down water bars, filled run offs, and small drop offs) all took a real toll and require more time to repair rather than just general maintenance.
Dan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #5
trittj74
Beer Snob

We plan on doing a little work at the end of Carl's trail, and the beginning of Pate trail today and tomorrow after work. Can't get a lot in after work.

We plan on coming out Saturday and working on the Chute, and mow power lines.
trittj74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #6
trittj74
Beer Snob

We got all the sand and the hole from the pallet bridges to the trail head on Carl's trail taken of. We also got all the sand and vegetation that was missed earlier on Pate taken care of.

Now with the rain that is hitting my house right now, we will see what happens.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:18 PM   #7
losdog
Thor Baldor

pretty big rain right now. you got that right.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:00 AM   #8
Nazgul350r
Wild Piglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I know that sunday is fathers day and I am no asking anyone to skip their family to do TM. With that being said, I ask everyone to please make a little time to do some TM. From what I saw of the trails, it would be nice to polish them up for the upcoming weekend of events. We will be hosting a Trail Run Saturday morning, a Short Track MTB race Saturday afternoon and a Cross Country MTB race on Sunday morning. We are hopefully getting coverage from UWF's Voyager news paper, Florida Cycling Magazine, and may try to get Channel 3 or PNJ out as well. Enjoy time with your family on the upcoming holiday, but please, please try to make time to help make sure our trails are in great shape for all our guest.
Getting coverage would be a good idea with the talk of building over the trails.
Nazgul350r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM   #9
Grumpy
Just a member

Meeting my dad at 6:30 in the morning to start vegetation trimming on Treehugger snd Greenbrier. Plan on having them both cut back tommorrow. If anybody wants to do some sand removal, I'll try to post ASAP if and where it is needed. I will also have my phone with me if anybody needs to call tomorrow. 288-9753.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
nrsed
Wild Boar

Default working sat

I'll be working Sat. &*^#$@@@@#&%*$ I may get in a ride SAt afternoon.

I will be working on the trails with the girls Sunday( " the only thing I really want for fathers day is to spend quality time in the woods with my girls")
As always please post what has been done so we don't wander aimlessly looking at the pretty woods; even though I like wandering aimlessly looking at the pretty woods.
nrsed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:19 AM   #11
Grumpy
Just a member

6:15 in the morning and its 71 degrees at the trailhead.
Old 06-16-2012, 03:36 PM   #12
trittj74
Beer Snob

Candice and I got the power lines mowed. Then we removed all the sand, and fixed the holes on the Chute. Fixed the drop towards the end of the Chute that always washes out. There are some drops past the first wooden berm that are wet and need some time to dry out. One of them is actually still seeping. We then walked in at the top of Greenbrier and removed sand and fixed holes all the way to the pallet bridge on Tree Hugger.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #13
nmea2020
Wilder Boar

I managed to get a couple of hours into trimming face snappers on "Coke Can" & Cambodia plus a few other sections I rode red reverse

I will try to get out with a shovel sometime this week. We still need sand removal on Carl's though it's not too bad
nmea2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:30 PM   #14
trittj74
Beer Snob

We only worked Carl's trail from the pallet bridge to the trail head. Not sure about sand the other direction.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: