PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 03-04-2008, 09:36 AM   #1
superdave
Flying pig

Default Nightriders?

What's tonight's turnout looking like for a night ride? I know Ed B. was planning on being there. Anyone else? This is one of the last opportunities for a group night ride because daylight savings time hits this weekend (woohoo!). We'll actually still be using the lights to finish the rides for a few weeks after daylight savings time, but ya gotta have a pitch.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
Joe
Boar

Default bummer!!

Temperature is dropping down fast and my legs are aching to ride. I'll be on the lookout for the weather and I'll decide later.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #3
RobC
Boar

Default Got School? I do.

Man I have class tonight, I missed last week. I wish I could, you know I have only ridden a night ride ONCE!
RobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Send a message via AIM to Pilotman28 Send a message via MSN to Pilotman28 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotman28

I won't make it. I'm calling a baseball game. My friend who is helping me out with the DIY LED lights made some improvements to the other guy's design so as to not overheat the suckers. Instead of using a POT to vary the intensity he's using a voltage regulator. A POT will just dump current to heat but the VRM will be able to step the voltage down achieving the same goal.
Pilotman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Idoeyes
Oldengrey

Default Whudehsay?

I didn' understan a thang!

Looking bad for me....cranks still floppy AND boring eye crap meeting this PM.
Idoeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:55 PM   #6
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Send a message via AIM to Pilotman28 Send a message via MSN to Pilotman28 Send a message via Yahoo to Pilotman28

And I always thought they were called boogers. Next time I'll tell someone "You have crap in your eye" to be correct.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:09 PM   #7
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Code:

Old 03-04-2008, 04:26 PM   #8
Endo
Crisis mode

good gawd... is that post supposed tie into the "eye-crap" discussion?
Endo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 08:49 AM   #9
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Not really. I'm just a musically inclined person and someone here at work found a fartboard then proceeded to play it on his computer speaker system with the subwoofer. I'm easily amused and farting is one of those things which can make me laugh so hard I cry. I was being courteous and sharing with people.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:11 AM   #10
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

So was it cold as testicles last night? I was at my baseball game behind the plate and I was COLD.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
carl
I love bacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotman28 View Post
Not really. I'm just a musically inclined person and someone here at work found a fartboard then proceeded to play it on his computer speaker system with the subwoofer. I'm easily amused and farting is one of those things which can make me laugh so hard I cry. I was being courteous and sharing with people.
it's good to know your mensa membership isn't going to waste.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #12
superdave
Flying pig

Quote:
So was it cold as testicles last night? I was at my baseball game behind the plate and I was COLD.
It wasn't that bad on the bike. Toes got a little cold because there was deep water in one of the dips on Treehugger (where the old treehugger tree use to be) and my shoes got pretty wet. You missed a good wreck last night. Superdave tried to live up to his handle and flew Superman style right into a little oak tree. I don't have any war wounds to photo, but my helmet is trashed. I left some good scars on the oak though from my helmet light. It was one of Robs water bars that was the culprit, well it was actually rider error over the water bar that was the culprit. The one thats right in the middle of the fast left hand turn has got me puzzled as to how to hit it fast.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM   #13
Pilotman28
Wildest Boar

Bike wrecks are the best I tell you. Legs and arms go splay out and it's just awesome to see one happen. I'm waiting for Pops to put the Nate crash up on the video spot so I can replay it over and over again.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
Endo
Crisis mode

Quote:
gotcha...just making sure i wasn't missing something. how did you embed it into the post?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:00 AM   #15
Endo
Crisis mode

Default did it look anything like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
You missed a good wreck last night. Superdave tried to live up to his handle and flew Superman style right into a little oak tree. I don't have any war wounds to photo, but my helmet is trashed. I left some good scars on the oak though from my helmet light. It was one of Robs water bars that was the culprit, well it was actually rider error over the water bar that was the culprit. The one thats right in the middle of the fast left hand turn has got me puzzled as to how to hit it fast.
this comes to mind..but their waterbars look a little bigger than the ones on the chute

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: