PORC Forums

Go Back   PORC Forums > The Main Trail > PORC Chatter

Notices

Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 AM   #16
NoName2
Piglet

sweet. it sounds like we should have a pretty good crew! carl, are you bringing barbara?
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:15 PM   #17
carl
I love bacon

i know it's early in the week but the weather looks awesome for the weekend. i'm not sure about barbara. i'm not sure about camping.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #18
Idoeyes
Oldengrey

Default OM trip

Looking like a day trip for me. I was surprised I could make it in the first place so I hope to make the most of it.

Carl, I'll drive if you need to come back Sat PM.
Idoeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #19
carl
I love bacon

if i do the day trip (prob'ly) i was taking david d. with me (maybe) so i don't mind driving 3 of us.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #20
superdave
Flying pig

Default Camp site update

I called today about reserving the camp site. He's what I found out:
1) They will only sell the group site to church groups and boy scouts because everyone else tears them up.
2) They charge a two night, non-refundable deposit for reserving camp sites.
3) They currently have over 40 camp sites available for this weekend.

So, I'm not reserving a camp site since it looks like there will be plenty to choose from this weekend.
superdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #21
natepac
Alpha Boar

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl View Post
i'm gonna try to make it. it may just be a day trip but i might camp. if i do the day trip, i can carry 2 others.
Got room for me?? I'm good for a day trip, actually would work out gret cuz I can see the wife ride in her show.
natepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #22
carl
I love bacon

maybe. barbara isn't going. the rack holds 2 bikes but with a little disassembly we could pack 2 bikes inside with room for 4 people. splitting gas 4 ways will be nice.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #23
natepac
Alpha Boar

Other than dustin, who else did you have riding with you? Worse comes to worse, I can drive myself.
natepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:46 PM   #24
scratchndent
Wildest Boar
Authorized Solicitor

Send a message via Yahoo to scratchndent

Rob, I have a tent,big one, sleeping bag and tarp to set up on if you need to borrow it. When Mark and I went up for the wheelhopper hash we used it for its first camp out. Call me if you wanna borrow it, Marty
scratchndent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #25
superdave
Flying pig

A few things...
Who's camping?
When are the other wives/gfs going to be there and are they riding?
What time is each group planning on being there?
Old 03-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #26
carl
I love bacon

if i'm driving, i'd like to be on the road by 7:00. dustin, nate, david (?) and i are day tripping. where's a good meeting spot? bagelheads on 9 mile? i'd like to be riding by noon.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #27
superdave
Flying pig

I may run into a bit of a logistical problem w/ bringing Melanie (not that you guys should be concerned with that) and Paul, Nolan, and wives get there later in the day. It's going to be tough for me to drag her 3 1/2 hrs to B'ham, then tell her she's got to wait at the car for 2-2 1/2 hrs while I go ride w/ you guys. So, long story short, I may not be able to make the early lap w/ you guys since I'll probably need to ride with her. BTW, my plan w/ her was to get there a bit earlier than everyone else and set up the camp site, then drive over to park at the lake area and ride the trail between there and the north trailhead/campground area. That way I'm cutting off the 3 mile climb and Johnson Mtn. At that point, either we could arrange it so that I can hop on with you guys for a 2nd loop (if you park at the north trailhead) or I'll just finish the loop by myself to get my truck and drive back to the camp site.
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #28
NoName2
Piglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave View Post
I may run into a bit of a logistical problem w/ bringing Melanie (not that you guys should be concerned with that) and Paul, Nolan, and wives get there later in the day. It's going to be tough for me to drag her 3 1/2 hrs to B'ham, then tell her she's got to wait at the car for 2-2 1/2 hrs while I go ride w/ you guys. So, long story short, I may not be able to make the early lap w/ you guys since I'll probably need to ride with her. BTW, my plan w/ her was to get there a bit earlier than everyone else and set up the camp site, then drive over to park at the lake area and ride the trail between there and the north trailhead/campground area. That way I'm cutting off the 3 mile climb and Johnson Mtn. At that point, either we could arrange it so that I can hop on with you guys for a 2nd loop (if you park at the north trailhead) or I'll just finish the loop by myself to get my truck and drive back to the camp site.

we probably wont head out until around 9:00 and will be setting up camp when we arrive as well. i'd like to ride as a big group but won't be able to leave at 7:00. this is suuposed to be sort of a vacation for us and the wife won't go for getting up at 6:00 am on her vacation. i figured it won't get dark until 7:00 pm so we'll have plenty of day to ride.
NoName2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #29
carl
I love bacon

i'm hoping to be good for 2 laps with maybe a lunch break in between. we day trippers could bust out an early lap, grab lunch and then do a porc lap around 2:00? that would get us on the road around 5:00 and home around 9:00. do you guys want to meet at the south parking area at 2:00?
Old 03-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #30
superdave
Flying pig

Default Change of plans

It looks like Melanie and I will come up later too and be ready for the 2:00 group ride. Meeting at the south trailhead would work fine. That way the girls can exit at the north trailhead and ride to the campground and the guys can finish up the rest of the ride back to the trucks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: